- Complete utility plant inspections (overhead and underground)
- Heat sources found on insulated equipment will allow DDP Technology to identify potential failure points or flash over conditions
- All Infra Red inspectors are certified
- Detailed report on components showing any excessive heat signature and recommendations
Infrared scanning detects a rise in temperature, thus allowing it to be used in a variety of applications, including during normal operations.
Infrared scanning is used to scan building envelopes, electrical components and connections for excess heat. When there is a presence of heat, this indicates resistance. In turn, cause of this resistance is most often related to failing components, poor connections, corrosion, load imbalance and/or harmonics.
Many benefits can be derived from infrared scanning including:
- locating potential problems prior to plant start up
- reduced downtime and emergency repairs
- reduced labour required for preventative maintenance by locating specific areas that require repairs
- minimized scheduled maintenance times
- extended equipment life
- increased reliability of plant power distribution system
- permits the evaluation and verification of repair work
- prevention of accidents, personal injury and property damage.